The Forward Steps Guardian Scholars Program application for the 2018-2019 school year will be available on our web site February 21, 2018.
If you are interested in applying or have any questions please contact Andrea Righi, Forward Steps’ Student Development Manager, at 720-276-7778 or email@example.com.
Check back on
February 21, 2018
for the 2018-2019 Guardian Scholars Program application
Our scholarship provides assistance of up to $6,000 per academic year to cover any unmet financial need while attending college. Funds are disbursed during the Fall and Spring semesters based on academic performance and Forward Steps’ program participation.
In addition to the financial assistance, scholars will receive one-on-one mentoring and support throughout their college experience.
If you have questions or need clarification, please contact us: 720.276.7778 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forward Steps works with students to achieve success. To remain eligible for the program, scholars must meet the following expectations:
- Maintain good standing as defined by your school
- Maintain and successfully complete all credit hours agreed upon
- Achieve and maintain at least a 2.0 GPA per semester
- Attend Forward Steps monthly workshops
- Meet regularly with Forward Steps Student Development Manager
- Provide Forward Steps staff with end of semester grades and mid-semester progress updates, upon request
- Reapply annually for scholarship renewal
To be eligible for the Forward Steps Guardian Scholars Scholarship applicants:
- Forward Steps’ Guardian Scholars Scholarship is specific to youth (age 17-21) who already have or will emancipate from foster care in Colorado. First time applicants must apply before their 22nd birthday
- Applicants must be a resident of Colorado and plan to attend (or are currently attending): Community College of Denver, Front Range Community College (Westminster or Boulder County campuses), Metropolitan State University of Denver, or the University of Colorado Denver
- Scholars must have earned a high school diploma or passed the GED before beginning their first semester of college
- Applicants must meet federal financial aid requirements and have unmet need as determined by the FAFSA